Captive Hearts is a six-month to one-year faith based recovery program that provides extensive education and cognitive behavioral therapy, psycho-education, trauma and grief recovery, coping skills, counseling and accountability. We serve individuals with serious substance abuse issues. We provide assessment and treatment planning, and are trained in crisis management.
We provide supportive, substance motivational instruction for addicted and hurting women to explore and heal the underlying issues and trauma. We have licensed addiction counselors who run our educational groups, as well as one-on-one sessions. We operate on a small, personal scale. We provide flexible and individualized care.
Below are the program responsibilities that are divided among staff members:
Founder/ CEO: Chaplain Judy Boen
Executive Program Directors: Cyd Sebring & LeeAnn Smith, Licensed Addiction Specialists
Daytime Manager/Driver: Lisa Lopez, Addiction Studies student
Services provided as part of the daily bed rate:
Daily Bed Rate: $33.00
Transportation: Provided for groups and various appointments within a 15-mile radius
Food: Clients use Food Stamps. If a client is unable to get Food Stamps, we use our credit at the local Food Bank
Laundry Facilities: On premises
Phone Access: Landline provided (includes long distance)
Facility-Based Activities & Other Services Provided:
• 12-step Recovery Meetings: N/A & A/A meetings, Power To Choose – minimum of 5 meetings per week.
• Individual Counseling with Licensed Drug & Alcohol Counselors
• Psycho Educational Groups each day including:
- Relapse Prevention
- Seeking Safety
- Healthy Boundary Setting
- Grief Recovery
- Anger Management
- Helping Women Recover
- Loving Yourself
- Breaking Free (Spiritual)
- Computers – Basic skills and/or finish GED
• Individual Treatment Plan & Goal Setting – includes all aspects of addiction counseling, case management and referrals.
• 12-step Sponsors work on steps with clients every week.
• Individual Counseling with Licensed Marriage Family Therapist (optional)
• Parent Connection of SLO – Parenting Coach, (M.A.), works once a week with our clients who are mothers. This service continues after graduation.
• Equine Therapy/ Life Coaching which involves working with certified life coaches and horses to help heal the affects of addiction and trauma as well to help build confidence and identity.
• America’s Job Center – Prepare for and gain employment. Clients learn to create resume’s, cover letters and how to interview. Also assists with Housing applications and personal grants for people re-entering the workforce.
• Sew N Chat – Clients learn to sew as well as make other items such as granola, lotions and candles.
• Aftercare – Includes sober support team meetings, continued counseling and drug testing. Transitional Housing is optional for selected Aftercare clients.
Who We Serve
We serve women who are struggling with addiction, however with addiction there are often deeper issues like a history of abuse/ sexual abuse, sex trafficking, trauma, broken families, hurting children and health problems.
We currently provide recovery services for women in two homes. The first home is our in-patient rehabilitation program. The second home is our transitional house for our graduates and provides a safe, sober place to live while they begin to take on more responsibilities such as work, driving, getting back into the community and their families lives.
Captive Hearts was most recently named as the only recovery home program in San Luis Obispo County that received a 100% satisfaction rating from every client who filled out an extensive questionnaire regarding managing conflicts, addressing client concerns, rules, medication policy, transportation services, food, overall appearance of the facility, social relationships with other residents, extracurricular activities, procedure of taking cash and rental payments, ability to attend AA, NA meetings, and overall satisfaction.
We help to assist those who need to obtain their GED. We work with teachers from a local college who facilitate the courses and assist in building basic life-skill classes.
OTHER OUTREACH PROGRAMS
Captive Hearts has many outreach agendas within this immediate community for the less fortunate including clothing (when available) and blanket distribution during the winter months.